11.02.2011

Mikey + Brady Engagements

Mikey and Brady LOVE camping, so we went with a fall camping theme for the engagements. We decided to make it a breakfast camping trip because they looove breakfast. Shooting with this couple was a blast, I can't wait for their bridals!
Here is Brady's recollection of how they fell in love...
I saw Mikey for the first time when we were sophomores in high school. We both sang in the school choir and I remember distinctly picking her out of the girls choir and couldnt take my eyes off her. I didnt know what it was about her, but I knew she was different. We became best friends throughout high school, performing in musicals together, traveling on school trips to California and New York and had the greatest of times. We understood each other so well, and could always make each other laugh. After high school we both decided to go to Utah State. We stayed close, however didnt spend as much time together in college as we did in high school . After freshman year I left to serve an LDS mission in the Philippines and she kept attending school. While I was gone she studied abroad in Norway, falling love with the outdoors and amazing scenery there. We got back in contact after I returned and then she left for her own LDS mission to Russia. I studied art and architectureabroad in Europe while she was gone and got the travel bug bad. When she came home this last March was thrilled to see her, but didnt think much beyond that. I had an internship in Los Angeles for a design firm and a couple weeks before I left she called me up; wanting to see me before I left. Not even thinking it was a date, we began the greatest evening I've ever had. Thai food, ice cream and sitting on the hill of the Capital in Salt Lake was apparently a recipe for greatness. Something about the timing clicked. We shared our first kiss on that date, and I never look anywhere else after that. I dropped her off at her house, and drove home; knowing in my heart I was going to marry her. I flew home in June for a family vacation to some cabins in West Yellowstone and Mikey came along. On the drive home her and I drove alone through the Park, talking about life, music, traveling and our love for nature. A few months later when I returned from LA, she left for Brazil (where she bought the gorgeous hammock) for a month with her sister. It wasnt until she was to Brazil that I realized how much I was falling in love with her; so two months later, with both of us back at Utah State, I asked her to marry me. Falling in love with someone who was already my best friend was the greatest thing in the world.

8 comments:

  1. these are amazing!!! i love love love them. beautiful outfits and props and so so so cute! nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my favorite shoot. Can you find out who made her ring? I am so in love with it! Please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about these! Amazing photography, great location, perfect couple!!! LOVE. IT. ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome guys! Very unique! Her ring was custom designed by the groom (Brady) and made by a local jeweler in Logan, Utah. Dave Love is his name, he does amazing work as you can see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every post of yours I think, it can't get better than this... and then it does! I'm so in love with this shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness. This session is just... ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. I mean, I can't shoot like that. I just can't. This session just makes me feel... totally inadequate as a photographer. These are the kinds of images I want to create and I'm nowhere near this. WOW. Just... WOW. We always don't have anything that looks like this backdrop where I'm based so that might be working against me. And the gorgeous couple with the amazing style and incredible accessories and props... You are blessed on that front too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover